- Take a stepChoose a step and decide a level of commitment that works for you.
- Keep it upGive yourself a month to try it.
- Add it upTrack your progress and add your steps to our global community.
- Upgrade to renewable energy in your home.Find out more
- Buy only the food you know you’ll eat.Find out more
- Replace meat with a healthy flexitarian diet.Find out more
- Talk about the planet’s boundaries & how to take a step.Find out more
- Call on leaders to bring us back within planetary boundaries.Find out more
- Help the experts plant, protect & restore our forests.Find out more
- Install or improve your home’s insulation.Find out more
- Switch to energy-efficient LED light bulbs.Find out more
- Make your next car an electric or hybrid vehicle.Find out more
- Share a ride with others or travel by bike or foot instead.Find out more
- Stay local, make a video call or find another way to travel.Find out more
- Inspire your company to make changes that matter.Find out more
- Choose responsible financial institutions & funds.Find out more
Why are you doing this?
Breaking Boundaries: The Science of Our Planet was filmed to raise awareness of the multiple tipping points that endanger human life on our planet, and how we get back on the path to ensure a safer, better world to live in. But we know that getting on the path requires more than awareness, it requires action - and lots of it. This collaboration with Count Us In was developed to help citizens take the most effective steps that send a signal to global leaders and reduce their own carbon emissions at the same time.
What is Count Us In?
Count Us In is a global movement of people and organizations taking practical steps to address climate change. It is supported by over 100 organizations from UNEP and Ted to IKEA and WWF. As an NGO we are independent of any government.
Why are you focusing on individual action?
Returning to the safe zone and restoring a stable climate and healthy natural world is a global issue that requires bold action by leaders everywhere. But individuals have a role to play too. Alone, our steps may seem small. But when we come together, how we choose to eat, travel, power our homes, cast our votes and speak our minds, has the power to influence leaders and drive change on a global scale.
How have you chosen the steps?
The steps highlighted in this platform have been informed by the research of the Count Us In and Breaking Boundaries teams, working in collaboration with the research team at Project Drawdown. They offer people a way to make a positive difference through a mix of direct impact on their own carbon footprint, their ability to influence markets and leaders to take action, whilst ensuring we involve a wide range of communities and individuals.